Premier Publishing and Media
WHAT WE PUBLISH
Designed to teach and increase proficiencies, workbooks should include straight-forward explanations and useful, easy to use exercises, checklists and practice guides to make the skills accessible to clients. Reproducible forms are a key component. For top selling examples, see
Dialectical Behavior Therapy,
The Therapeutic Toolbox,
Children & Adolescent Therapy,
PPM books are targeted to a wide variety of healthcare professionals seeking straightforward, practical and user-friendly information. Audience would include counselors, therapists, psychologists, social workers, rehabilitation professionals, occupational therapists, speech and language pathologists, and psychotherapists looking to expand their clinical knowledge. Best-selling examples include Psychopharmacology and EMDR.
Self-Help Psychology Books
Information or counseling that helps better one’s life. Goal is to captivate, inspire, motivate and chart paths to make changes – and develop a can do attitude. Check out Mindfulness and Swiss Cheese Theory of Life.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
The first step in getting your manuscript published is to submit a manuscript or proposal to our publishing department at email@example.com for review. Initially, it is not necessary to send an entire manuscript. Simply submit your proposal that covers the following:
- Overview: What is the general content and objective of your work? What do you intend to accomplish?
- Audience/Market: Who, or what type of organization, is most likely to purchase your work?
- Competition: What competing publications are on the market? How is your work different?
- Contents: Include with your proposal a table of contents, a detailed chapter outline, and introduction, and two or three sample chapters.
- Author information: Provide information on yourself and your qualifications, including previous writing or relevant experience, and previously published works.
- Promotion: What methods of promotion have you decided to undertake beyond what PESI will already be doing?
The review process may take up to four weeks, during which time an editor will evaluate your proposal to ensure that it fits with our editorial mission, market niche, and product plans. Our editors work closely with authors, guiding and helping with revisions and rewriting.